JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I'm trying to get the ice maker on a Samsung fridge freezer

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm trying to get the ice maker on a Samsung fridge freezer working. It's an RSH7UNBP. It was showing an error 8 and an error 26. I fitted a new ice maker complete and when I turned it back on I had the error still.I reset this and left it over night. The error didn't come back up but the ice maker still doesn't work (Idid push the test button but nothing). I had the right PCB on my van so I fitted it and when turning back on I again got the error 8. I reset it and tried the ice maker test button but nothing. I've now run out of ideas.
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: fridge freezer
JA: How long have you had your RSH7UNBP?
Customer: Its a customers I believe its around 8 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: see above
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Sounds to mean you have a faulty IC on the main PCB, if the test button isnt working since it suggests its not getting power if your confident the new ice machine has been fitted correctly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I double checked the plug for the ice maker. I put a new pcb on and just got the same error. I checked the wiring as best i could put it disappears into the cabinet
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not familiar with this site. Im on my pc .How do I call you?

Im not able to take calls at this time I am afraid.

Please provide the part numbers of the items you have replaced.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok. will do
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
SAMDA9200241B PCB SAMDA9711092A Ice maker

Was the PCB purchased pre-programmed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As far as I know. My supplier never mentioned anything and they normally do. The fridge and freezer still worked perfectly well.

If its not the PCB it has to be the wiring loom.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok Thanks. I was almost at the point of trying the display panel but was thinking wiring. Is it right that it can only be either PCB, Ice maker or wiring loom?

Yes if the test button isnt working as that just relies on a voltage being present.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, Thanks for your help.