How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JamesI Your Own Question
JamesI, Technician
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 4692
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
JamesI is online now

Qualified as a spark MCBsmany years ago and then off the

This answer was rated:

Qualified as a spark MCBsmany years ago and then off the tools. I now want to change the consumer unit in my big old house. It is plastic with MCBs. With edition 18 should I use all RCBOs for all circuits - lighting and plugs
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: I am going to use an Easy9 (Schneider 20 way CU
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. I have just been sorting out all the circuits, labelling them and removing redundant ones
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi James - do you need more from me or can you see the question

The Easy 9 has two 80A RCD so using MCB' will be sufficient obvious the use of RCBO would provide an additional level of protection but most likely if they tripped due to earth leakage it would trip the RCD anyway.

Does that make sense, or do you need me to clarify anything?

JamesI and other Electronics Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
which what MCB do I need for a lighting circuit and what for plug circuit (18 edition)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you still there - I've requested a call