JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

Qualified as a spark MCBsmany years ago and then off the

Qualified as a spark MCBsmany years ago and then off the tools. I now want to change the consumer unit in my big old house. It is plastic with MCBs. With edition 18 should I use all RCBOs for all circuits - lighting and plugs
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: I am going to use an Easy9 (Schneider 20 way CU
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. I have just been sorting out all the circuits, labelling them and removing redundant ones
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi James - do you need more from me or can you see the question

The Easy 9 has two 80A RCD so using MCB' will be sufficient obvious the use of RCBO would provide an additional level of protection but most likely if they tripped due to earth leakage it would trip the RCD anyway.

Does that make sense, or do you need me to clarify anything?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
which what MCB do I need for a lighting circuit and what for plug circuit (18 edition)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
are you still there - I've requested a call