Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

We have a Yamaha P-155 instrument. The power socket in the

We have a Yamaha P-155 instrument. The power socket in the back of it is broken and the power block connector will no longer connect. We are a chamber chorale group and use the P-155 for rehearsal and sometimes for performances. what do you suggest as the best way forward?
JA: When could you last turn on your instrument?
Customer: At the end of our last season in June
JA: Do you have access to a voltmeter to test the voltage coming from the AC adapter?
Customer: We have had the AC adaptor tested professionally and it is fine.
JA: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Ac power connector does not click into the socket and the socket seems to be loose.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like an answer
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is the third time I’ve had this message. Yes I would like a reply but I keep being told that this question is closed then being asked the same questions.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator

Sorry for the delay!

The best way forward is to have the power socket replaced so that you can get a good reliable secure connection again.

A local electronics repair shop can do this for you, or you can return the instrument to a Yamaha service centre through your local dealer.

Pete.

Pete, Engineer
Experience: Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.