Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I keep getting “mode not supported “ message on my screen

I keep getting “mode not supported “ message on my screen saying the resolution is not supported on this tv. All I did last night was press the red stand by button and then tried to turn it on like normal but can’t watch anything. Even tried putting a dvd in my player but the same message. I’ve tried changing the resolution to all three modes but nothing.
Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung it’s hung on the wall so can’t see model number etc it is quite an old model. I’d guess 5-7 years old but was working fine yesterday
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu yes
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: Just this morning. Was fine last night
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It’s connected to my sky box and my Samsung blu-Ray player if that makes any difference. Shouldn’t do but......

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Left tv, sky box and dvd all off for 12minutes then turned the power back on to them, let them Re-boot but same message

When you say you left them off, did you remove the power to them? So unlugged them from the wall? Not just powered it off.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
No just turned the power switch off. Same difference I thought. Ok I’ll unplug the surge protected 4-way they are plugged into and leave for a further 10 minutes or so.

No it is not, please unplug it for 10 minutes, when you turn it off it still has power.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
All back up and running. Thanks, ***** ***** me something today. I seriously thought switching off the switch was powering down as the lights on the 4-way go out. Thanks again ����

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.