Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Canon Pro 9500 Mark II printer is ten years old. Several

My Canon Pro 9500 Mark II printer is ten years old. Several month ago it suddenly took a much longer time to print, so that an A3 photo would take 20 minutes to print. Also, when the print is finally ejected it makes a harsh squeaking noise. Yesterday, as the photo paper was being drawn into the printer, it jammed and the screen came up with the instruction to disconnect the printer and seek professiko
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Canon Pro 9500 Mark II
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: For several months the printer has worked very slowly, and yesterday it jammed and sent the message that i should disconnect and seek professional help
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No, it's not working. Both the blue on/off light and the orange warning light are flashing.If I press the blue start-print light it doesn't flash.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I can't get access to the inks in the normal way by lifting the printer lid. Nothing happens when I lift the lid.

Can you please disconnect the power to it and move them by hand.

Do they then move?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I moved inks by hand and cleaned in the way you described but printer still doesn't work

It is the internal drive motor that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
The printer is 10 years old, so is it worth having it repaired?

No it will not be sorry, for the age of the printer, you got really good use out of it, but it will not be economically feasible to repair, you will need to replace it.

If you need anything else, please let me know.