Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My is only showing a pic but no sound via my sky box

Customer Question

Assistant: What device or product has sound issues?
Customer: It’s a Samsung tv
Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: The only cable that in the is a hdmi cable
Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: That’s all I’ve got in the back as thought the hdmi cable would be my output as well
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s it thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV and Sky box. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and Sky box (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and Sky box, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please