Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a new Sky Qbox which I want to feed into my Toshiba

I have a new Sky Qbox which I want to feed into my Toshiba DVD/HDD recorder (SCART connection). What type of Hdmi/SCART connector /adaptor do I need?
Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: Toshiba about 5 years old
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?
Customer: Nothing yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Am getting the new Sky Qbox next Tuesday

I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Pete, Engineer
Experience: Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Have fitted the converter you suggested. But the Q box seems to be preventing the DVD recorder from recording anything. Just get "this programme is not allowed to be recorded". Is there anything I can do?

The Sky Q programs are copyrighted and the only way to record them is on a Sky Q box or by watching them on the Sky Go catchup app.