Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My printer is displaying a steady warning light. When I

my printer is displaying a steady warning light. When I power on the ink cartridges to do move as they normally do. MG2950
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Canon MG2950
JA: How long has this been going on with your MG2950?
Customer: since sunday
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: my software is up to date
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I left the printer unplugged overnight and it has made no difference

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cnnot remove the ink, it is not in a position for me to do that

Can you please remove the power to the printer and move it by hand?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do i do that

Grab the part the ink sits in and move it by hand please once you remove the power to it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cant do that

It will not move at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cant get hold of it

If you remove the power then connect it, does it move then?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no

It is the drive motor for the printer that has faulted, this is the cause of the issue.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, thanks for your help. The warranty has run out so I suspect I will be looking for a new printer

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.