Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My kindle will not turn on i have held the button down for

My kindle will not turn on i have held the button down for 20 second as instructed it seem stuck in and dont react
Assistant: What device is frozen?
Customer: Kindle 6" E ink Display model
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Electronic B0051QVF7A***********no on my invoice
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: Yesterday wouldn't turn off left it one or will not turn on
Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Not for a while
Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your reader. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Reader and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds (20 seconds is too short).

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Reader.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
6" e-reader D011o have replaced batteries still button not workinf

Are you seeing a light show when you connect the charger?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that's fine showing green

It is the internal mainboard in the Kindle that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had this kindle since 2012 its been good will I still need to send it back I will. have to replace it with a new one

No sorry, the warranty will have expired, if you wish to replace it you would need to purchase a new one.

But all your books are automatically transferred, these are safe.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will I still have to send my old kindle back this is my 2nd kindle I had to send my first one back

No sorry, there is no place to send it to as the warranty has expired on it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks for your help

you are most welcome.