Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Have you any ideas why my Samsung TV LE32R74BD comes on for

Good evening Pearl. Have you any ideas why my Samsung TV LE32R74BD comes on for only an instant then goes blank, please?
JA: How old is your LE32R74BD?
Customer: about 15 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes any source; the menu worked fine before the fault occurred now i can't tell.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LE32R74BD? What happened right before this?
Customer: It worked perfectly normally until two nights ago.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only; I have some electronics experience and can change capacitors, for example, if I can get at them. It would be interesting to know which ones have failure records.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the techs who is going to help you today. One moment while I look over your question

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video sources connected to the TV?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Only a Humax Terrestrial PVR to HDMI 1
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No; I don't want to do that.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Just tell me what usually fails to cause the picture to come on then disappear almost immediately, please?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will await your email.
Brian Heason.

Thanks, ***** ***** the reply

/

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer/ prompt ad is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you wish/ prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat, so ignore the phone call offer popups and keep texting here to continue

- Does the screen glow/ show light inside or any graphics appear when turning On the TV power?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks; the back light, you think. No light leaks; I will need to prize the back of perhaps, to see whether they go out. Would I be able to see a shadow of the picture by shining a bright light at the front; to see if the picture is there?

Yes, if the TV power stays On and TV doesn't shut off then you will observe a faint/ dim image when shinning a good flashlight closely on the screen

Mostly the backlight system fails in this model and the reason found faulty power supply board that provides high voltage to the backlight inverter board

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will have a good look at it with your advice in mind. I may continue, another evening, when I have done that.
Thank you very much,
Regards, ***** *****

No problem, take your time and reply back with the test result

If a faint/ dim image is visible on the screen with the help of a good flashlight then replace the power supply board which will be available at ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=LE32R74BD+parts&_sacat=163768

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask, Thanks for using JustAnswer