Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Nuvi 2508. My sat Nov traffic will not work also when I try

Nuvi 2508. My sat Nov traffic will not work also when I try to update it says error. Thanks Eric
Assistant: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Garmin sat Nov Nuvi 2508
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Garmin nuvi 2508
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've got to Updates available and then it says plug in your device but is searching and never finds my device. I've updated before with no problems
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: about 2 hours ago I got it to download software then it said error. Thanks Eric

Hi Eric,
I am Pete and I'l be happy to assist with your sat nav question.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Pete. I have free updates for Life on my Garmin.I have had problems in the past time to update my maps but have eventually succeeded in doing so. A couple of days ago I needed to update my maps again and my computer started to download the software but then after a few minutes I had error come up on the screen it would not do any more and so I am stuck.I have tried several times since then and cannot even get that for now and I'm wondering what can be the problem. I have recently had problems with the traffic information and sort by updating my maps it would possibly solve that problem but unfortunately I cannot seem to update my maps at all. Thanks Eric
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have not received your answer please resend thanks Eric
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Pete I know a message was sent by yourself to say that you had sent an answer to my question but up to now I have not received it. Could you please resend. Thanks Eric

Hi Eric,

Sorry my previous reply appears not to have gone through.

You will need to try resetting your Nuvi 2508.

To do this,

1. Start with the device off and unplugged from power
    • To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, touch and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
  2. Touch and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
  3. Power the device on
  4. "System" will appear on the screen for approximately 30 seconds
  5. Remove your finger when the screen displays Loading..."

.

Let me know if that works for you.

Pete.

Hi Eric, did it work?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Pete Thanks for info, but unfortunately it's still shows error. Step 1 of 3 software updates stuck on 50.4 percent complete. Thanks Eric

Hi Eric, did you follow the reset steps I posted?

Did the reset complete successfully?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Pete Yes I did carry out your 3 steps but unfortunately it's still shows the error when when after trying to update after step 1 of 3 of software updates it sticks on 50.4% complete. Thanks Eric

Hi Eric, in that case there is not enough memory space available on the device to install the latest update.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Pete. Since talking to you. Computer said the Garmin drive needed updating on the computer which I have done and now I have managed to update the satnav shortly I will try the satnav on the road and see if the traffic information works thanks for your help and I will let you know if it is successful. Thanks Eric

Hi Eric, thanks for the update!

Let me know if you need anything else :)
Pete.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Pete. I have tried satnav and it's updated ok and the traffic information also works so everything seems to be fine so many thanks. Eric

Hi Eric,

Glad to hear it worked!
Pete.