Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My Yamaha clavinova has a loud key, do you know of any links

My Yamaha clavinova has a loud key , do you know of any links of how to fix it ?
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?
Customer: It is CLP 810 S
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?
Customer: For a few months , hasn’t played on it much as my child and she stopped lessons for a while . Haven’t tried anything so far , except avoiding to hit that key ....
Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s all thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can’t see anything wrong when taken the lid off and checking the key hitting the pad . Sounds like there is no padding but strips looks intact
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything I should remove from the key ?

Hello there,

My name is Andrés and I am an Electronic Engineer with more than 10 years of experience in end-user support. I will try to help you with your problem today, one moment while I read the information given. If more information is needed, I will let you know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks , I will have to go in the car in five minutes but then be available again in 45 mins , I will keep an eye on the response

Typically this problem stats from debris accumulation in the key pad.

In order to fix this issue, you have to open the keyboard and clean out the contact strip of the loud key. Remove any kind of debris accumulation into the key. For cleaning, you should use ethanol, while also alcohol can be used. You can use the following video as a reference into how to clean the key:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVk817mJqJY

Let me know if this procedure has worked otherwise I will provide instructions to replace the key.

Let me know if other follow up question arises so I can answer it! :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer , I have started opening the clavinova so still in the process , will update you tomorrow

OK! What is the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great result , got some debris out and a good hoovering and clean needed of the green strip under the mother board . Now all keys working well . Used the utube video , interestingly I had looked at that beforehand but wasn’t sure but after your recommendation I did it . I have never done anything similar and is not very electrical inclined , so very happy with the result . Thanks for your help

You are welcome!