Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have a new iPhone. Yesterday I could send and receive

Customer Question

I have a new iPhone. Yesterday I could send and receive e-mails on aol today I can't. I get a message :username or password ***** "*****@******.***" is incorrect. In settings my password ***** ***** but I still can't send or receive e-mails.
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking AOL from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Internet is fine. i can send / receive from my Apple Mac but not my iPhone
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: Not that I am aware. Yesterday morning the iPhone was working fine.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 9 days ago.

I'm sorry about your aol issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Can you please go to the aol.com website, and there, sign in your aol email address with your aol email password, then see if your aol email is working there first?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 8 days ago.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Solution #1:

1. Go to the aol.com website and click on the Mail envelope option icon there. Or go to the website below:
    https://mail.aol.com
  2. Enter your aol email address and Next, then enter your aol email password ***** sign in.
    - (If needed, you can use the forgot password ***** there first.)
  3. Once you are able to sign in your aol email address with your aol email password ***** the aol.com website, then open the Settings app icon (the gear / wheel icon) on your iPhone.
  4. Tap option Passwords & Accounts.
  5. Tap your aol account there. Then scroll down to bottom, then tap option Delete Account and confirm to delete it for now.
  6. Tap option Add Account
  7. Tap option AOL and sign in your aol email account.
  8. If successful, open the Mail envelope app icon on your iPhone and see if your aol email is working fine now.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the followings:

1. Open the App Store app icon on your iPhone.
  2. There, type / search for AOL
  3. Get / install the AOL app.
  4. Open the AOL app and tap on the mail envelope icon there, then sign in your aol email address.
  5. Then from now on, you can open the AOL app icon on your iPhone for accessing your aol email account.

Please let me know if there is still issue. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The solution was to delete my account on my iPhone and then open my account again.

Great. Thank you for trying my first solution above (delete & re-add the email account.) Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Most helpful

Thank you. If you need help with anything else, please come back anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,