Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I can't shut down my HP ENVY 5032 printer. The screen at the

I can't shut down my HP ENVY 5032 printer. The screen at the front is not working
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP ENVY 5032
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: just noticed it today
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I bought a new PC in April
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

I'm sorry about your printer issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Please disconnect the power cord from your HP printer for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect, then turn on and check.

If that does not work, it is a hardware issue; the screen is damaged. Is there any power / light on the printer? Are you still able to print from the computer?
We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After waiting two hours for a response, I tried taking the plug out the back and reinserting it. Lo and behold it worked. I wish I'd done that in the first place and not paid you £5.

Great. Thank you.

If you need help with any other computer or electronics issue, please come back anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service for fixing your printer by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top of this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

I'm sorry. You've given me a negative rating, but you've confirmed that my solution has resolved your printer issue. Is there still any problem? Do you need help with anything else?

We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not concerned about your response which I had worked out myself. Having paid out £5, I was expecting a quick response not 2 hours, that was the reason for my rating.

I'm sorry about the late response at that time. Most of the time, we have experts available quickly. Sorry about that, but we'll always get back to you. We'll be quick next time. Thank you.