Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Our Samsung smart tv continues to switch on and off We have

Customer Question

Hi there, our Samsung smart tv continues to switch on and off We have tried to turn it off at the wall but it continues to turn itself on and off again Model number is: UE40F6400AK
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Version 1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, it doesn't have time to load the menu, it just turns off then on again
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's all we can tell you
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 10 days ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Try these steps please>

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.

1. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update<<<<click here<<< can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

2. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs which can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
HI there, we have tried the aboveWe haven't tried the software update, as the TV wouldn't stay on long enough for it to complete
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can you offer any more assistance?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm not willing to pay £16 for a phone call

Try this next please>remove the batteries from the remote, switch off the power and back on again, (with batteries out of the remote) and then switch on with the tv on/off button, then put new batteries in remote.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We’ve tried that also

okay, the other option it could be is a bad power supply board.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok ...

The part is usually around £65.00 and the labor is usually around £100.00

Do you have a local repair shop?