Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a samsung LELOA656 TV AND I am unable to tune it.

Customer Question

I have a samsung LELOA656 TV AND I am unable to tune it. When I bring up the main menu and scroll down to the satellite dish icon it jums over that option to the next one down.
JA: How old is your LELOA656?
Customer: I am not quite sure, but roughly about 8 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: As I said , I can get the main menu up but since all Tv's iin our area had a message about 4 months ago to retune tv this particular TV will not give the option to tune. All my other TV's tuned ok.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LELOA656? What happened right before this?
Customer: I live in the south west Wales region and I think the broadcasters were making changes to the frequency bands or something, and we had messages on our Tv screens that after a particular date the TV would have to be retuned. Unfortunately I don't tend use this one very often and when I have to use it this is the problem I am faced with.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

LELOA656 is not a valid Samsung model number, can you please check and confirm?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sorry the model no. isLE40A656A1FXXU
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

Is the TV connected to an indoor or outdoor aerial?

Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

When the TV is connected to an aerial, press the Menu button and go to the Digital Menu, then select Channel and follow the on-screen prompts to perform an 'Auto Store' of all available channels.

Let me know if that works for you.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 days ago.

Hi, just following up on your question - did my answer help?