Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Brother - I have a MFC-J67200W printer which I want to use

Hi Brother - I have a MFC-J67200W printer which I want to use with my MacBook pro via my ethonet network. This used to work with my Pipex/TalkTalk online supplier but I have changed supplier to Plus Net and got their new router. Printing via Ethonet connection nolonger works! What settings do I have to change on Printer or Mac (or router).
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Hi Pearl - USB (not wireless)
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Not since new I don't think - wouldn't know how!
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Pearl - Have tried to look at Network instructions on Brother CD but these wont display. sorry. John

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You need to connect it to your new network.

To do this, please follow the steps here.

https://youtu.be/P_9nVXCqSoo

Once done, try to print to it again.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Richard - The video you sent me is for wireless - my question is how to connect via ethonet cable? How do I set printer & MacBook pro for that?

If you want to just connect via the network cable itself, then connect this to the router.

Then on the Macbook, click the apple logo top left then system preferences.

Then click on printers, click on the printer there then click - to remove it.

then click the + sign and click on the printer when it shows, then allow it to install.

Let me know how you go please