Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a IPC 8600A camera monitor tester. It will power up.

Customer Question

I have a IPC 8600A camera monitor tester . It will power up . IP camera tester comes up then leaves a blank screen but none of the menu buttons work. Has
JA: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?
Customer: No when powering up I get the IPC tester caption comes up and th eIPC programming bar comes up.
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Approximately how old is your IPC 8600A camera monitor tester?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2years old
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

If you shine a bright light on the screen can you see a faint outline of the display?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My unit powers up but no icons on screen
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Can you attach a photo of what you are seeing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not at the moment
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Ok, please attach the phone when you can so I have a better understanding of what is going on.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was workingi haven’t dropped it on powering up just get the I p tester screen then goes off and have a blue screen is there any type of reset needed
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you get my last message
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

The only reset you can do is to press and hold the power button to turn the tester off, then power it back on again.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
So do you think there is a fault with the u it and have you had this fault before
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Yes, if the screen is blank then it has a fault.

It will likely need to be returned to a service centre to have the software reinstalled on it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The screen is not blank on powering up the the up camera testing screen comes on and then that goes off and a screen is blue with a squares round the edges looks like is waiting for a Commarnd
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like the system is not booting up normally. It will need to have the software reinstalled on it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How is that done
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

As the support centre is in China, your best option is to return it through the retailer where it was purchased.

http://www.woshida.com.cn/