Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a IPC 8600A camera monitor tester. It will power up.

Customer Question

I have a IPC 8600A camera monitor tester . It will power up . IP camera tester comes up then leaves a blank screen but none of the menu buttons work. Has
JA: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?
Customer: No when powering up I get the IPC tester caption comes up and th eIPC programming bar comes up.
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Approximately how old is your IPC 8600A camera monitor tester?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2years old
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

If you shine a bright light on the screen can you see a faint outline of the display?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My unit powers up but no icons on screen
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Can you attach a photo of what you are seeing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not at the moment
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Ok, please attach the phone when you can so I have a better understanding of what is going on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was workingi haven’t dropped it on powering up just get the I p tester screen then goes off and have a blue screen is there any type of reset needed
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you get my last message
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

The only reset you can do is to press and hold the power button to turn the tester off, then power it back on again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
do you think there is a fault with the u it and have you had this fault before
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Yes, if the screen is blank then it has a fault.

It will likely need to be returned to a service centre to have the software reinstalled on it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The screen is not blank on powering up the the up camera testing screen comes on and then that goes off and a screen is blue with a squares round the edges looks like is waiting for a Commarnd
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

It sounds like the system is not booting up normally. It will need to have the software reinstalled on it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How is that done
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

As the support centre is in China, your best option is to return it through the retailer where it was purchased.

http://www.woshida.com.cn/