Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

All of a sudden, we can't use Amazon Prime. This message

All of a sudden, we can't use Amazon Prime. This message comes up: This service is no longer available on this device. We have a Sony Bravia TV and there hasn't been any problems using Amazon Prime for years, until now. any ideas?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Hang on, give me a minute. Okay, i'm back. Serial Number:(###) ###-#### Model Number: KDL-40HX753. It is a Sony Bravia TV.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, the menu works. No problems on anything else.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your KDL-40HX753? What happened right before this?
Customer: The payment card was changed, we did not input new payment card details for a couple of weeks, but we did so about a month ago. It has been a problem since around the time of changing payments cards.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We can still use - purchase - items on Amazon as per normal, we just can't access Amazon prime on TV. That's all I can say for now.

Hello, my name is Shahid. I am one of the techs who is going to help you today. One moment while I look over your question

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, nice to meet you, Shahid.

Amazon app on several Sony TV models including KDL-40HX753 has been expired, please click the following Sony link for more details

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kdl-40hx753/articles/00230339

Please connect a Firestick to the TV to get Amazon Prime video streaming which is the only way

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I prefer to type.

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer/ prompt ad is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you wish/ prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat, so ignore the phone call offer popups and keep texting here to continue

/

Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, thank you very much, we'll get the firestick.

Very much welcome, wish you the best~

Thanks for using JustAnswer