Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My Kenwood chef A901 dial will not turn any further than

My Kenwood chef A901 dial will not turn any further than minimum. Help.
Assistant: How long have you had your A901?
Customer: a long time. The capacitor has just been replaced as there was a bang and a smell of burning. After the repair I only switched it to minimum to check it was running again. Now I have come to use it properly I have discovered that the dial will not turn any further.
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only trying to turn the switch. I don’t want to force it. The switch was working before the problem described above.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Why is it taking so long to connect to an Electronics Technician?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am happy to continue to wait for your answer. Thank you.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

If you remove the dial, can you turn the rotary switch fully in both directions?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How do I remove the dial ?

The dial should pull off the switch.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please cancel this call with immediately.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am not prepared to pay £16 for a phone call.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please cancel my contract with Just Answer immediately. Please confirm that the contract has been cancelled and that I will not be charged anymore than the initial £5 for the 7 day trial period.
Please reply by email ASAP.
Jean Huxley

You can ignore any offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Pete, Engineer
Experience: Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.

To cancel your phone call request, please contact customer services.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please DO NOT phone me.. I refuse to pay for this call and wish my contract with you to be terminated as already requested. Please acknowledge receipt of this instruction and confirm to me by email that I will not be charged for a phone call.

Noted.