*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My battery in my S9 is at 0% and won't charge it said

Customer Question

Hey my battery in my S9 is at 0% and won't charge it said moisture detected but I cleaned the port and still not charge, an electricity sign came up, should i just leave it to charge or? it's only about 1 year old
JA: What device isn't charging?
Customer: Samsung S9
JA: How long have you had your S9?
Customer: 1 year
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: putting it in rice using cotton swobs to clean the port
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 18 days ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Has the Samsung phone been exposed to water or moisture?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
it has

Okay, the Samsung has a 12 month warranty however the water may void the warranty, what happens in that process is that when you get it replaced under warranty you get a new phone and send your phone back, if they determine it has been water damaged you will be charged up to full price for the phone. The best option will be to get it replaced with insurance if you have it on the phone. If you don't have insurance it may be worth a try to get it replaced under warranty and then see how much if any you get charged after you send your phone in. In any case you need to back the phone up to your Google account immediately if possible.