*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

The ice maker on my Samsung 3000 has stopped producing ice.

Customer Question

The ice maker on my Samsung 3000 has stopped producing ice. The fridge was install one year ago and has worked well until now
JA: What Samsung product do you have?
Customer: RS 3000 American Fridge Freezer
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: Not a lot. I took the ice bucket out and put it in again and I turned the ice maker off and turned it on again
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 13 days ago.
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Follow these steps please
Check the dispenser's water pressure.
Dispense water into a measuring cup for 10 seconds. You should get at least 6 ounces (3/4 cup) or more.

If no water dispenses at all, verify that the water line is connected. See more troubleshooting in our guide.
If you get less than 3/4 cup, your water pressure is too low. A potential cause might be a clogged water filter, so remove your water filter and try again.
If that fixes your water pressure issue, then you need to replace the filter. Use only Samsung brand filters.

Reset the ice maker.
There is a test button on the ice maker. (Most models will require you to remove the ice bucket to view the ice maker.) You can typically find an illustration of the location of the test button in your user manual. Once you find this button:

Press and hold the test button until you hear a chime (which may take up to 10 seconds). If there is no chime, power off the fridge by turning off the circuit breaker or unplugging the fridge for 2 minutes, and then try again.
The test takes about 6 minutes. During the test cycle, you will hear ice drop into the bucket and the water valve energize to fill the ice maker.
At the end of the test, another chime will be heard.