Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Thank you, I have aBlu-ray Disc Recorder DMR-BW880 which has

Customer Question

Thank you, ***** ***** aBlu-ray Disc Recorder DMR-BW880 which has TV prog's recorded on it that I can play back and 76 hours of space available but it will not record new programmes when I time them.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: The TV is a Panasonic and the system was purchased together and has worked successfully for over 10 years until this weekend
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works, no other problems.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?
Customer: It failed 2 days ago. when I prog a prog a week ago it was ok
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be it thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your recorder. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you, it is starting to record on 2 progs and plays back. Have a good week..
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

You too!