Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Have a samsung c410w printer and red light is on wont print

Customer Question

Have a samsung c410w printer and red light is on wont print although ink levels are all ok?
Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: USB
Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Never?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Done that already and same thing happens whereby it looks like its going to print and makes the noise as if its starting up to print then the red light illuminates and action stops
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Its an Xpress C410w
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello? Anybody there? Have I been tricked?
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Can you please now change the ink in the printer and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The inks are all full i have no spares
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

It is not duee to not enough ink but a faulty ink cartridge that can cause this, I need you to replace them when you can please and tell me the results.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.