Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Canon MP270 printer is flashing P07. I have installed a

Customer Question

My Canon MP270 printer is flashing P07. I have installed a non canon cartridge but when I lift the top to gat at the cartridges the machine is not allowing cartridges to move to the centre so I can't change them.
JA: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your MP270?
Customer: No. I have had the printer for many years but foolishly decided to try a cheaper alternative (supposedly equivalent) cartridges.
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: Yes. The error message is P07. I have the lid open but the cartridges are staying in the right side so I can't access them.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Switched back on - same result - flashing P07 and cartridges remaining in right side of machine making them unavailable
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what is this amount £16??
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.