Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Model UE40F5300AK Screen starting to go darker at the top,

Customer Question

Model UE40F5300AK Screen starting to go darker at the top
JA: How long have you had your UE40F5300AK?
Customer: just bough it of gumtree.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: if tried factory reset and update
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the techs who is going to help you today. One moment while I look over your question

Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video sources connected to the TV?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I've removed all external devises on the standard aerial connected
Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

Okay, so the picture is still visible but darker on the top than the other parts of the screen, is that correct?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Correct
Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

Okay, it seems the backlight LEDs located on the top section of the screen are failing or not getting enough power to generate full bright light, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Disconnect the TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
The above is simple troubleshooting techniques and if they do not work, please reply back to me here and I will continue to assist