Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson,
Experience:  Training and Development at Scientifically Speaking
81238384

My husband has died and we cannot access his apple iPhone 5

Customer Question

My husband has died and we cannot access his apple iPhone 5 SE
Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: I don’t have the phone with me at the moment as I am not at home. Is it possible for Apple to unlock with my proof of ID and his death certificate?
Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: if so what times are Apple support open please?
Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We did try resetting but the reset went to another number (work phone) that he no longer has.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I am Justin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. Typically there is not a solution to this that is at no cost because the device is far outside its warranty. Apple cannot remove a lock on a phone, but they can replace it. In the past the have needed the orignal receipt and box to the phone and then they can replace it for an out of warranty cost. Would you like to look into this process?