*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My freezer isn’t working in CDA American style

Customer Question

Hi my freezer isn’t working in CDA American style fridge/freezer
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: CDA,but I don’t know the model as I can’t find my book
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve found the bar code-is that any good to you?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fridge works
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 7 days ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

There are several reasons why the Freezer could stop freezing>

• Condenser Coils Are Dirty: If they are excessively dirty they won’t be able to dissipate the heat effectively, which will reduce the cooling capacity of your freezer.

Cleaning the condenser coils is a relatively simple job, which involves running the vacuum hose over the coils to lift off and away any dirt which may be clogging them up.

• Evaporator Fan Motor Fault: If this isn’t working your freezer will not cool. You can check if the evaporator fan motor is the issue with your freezer by opening the freezer door and then manually activating the door switch. You should hear the fan running and blowing cold air.

If the door switch is activated but your evaporator fan doesn’t run, the evaporator fan will need replacing.

• Faulty Start Relay: If the start relay isn’t working, at best your freezer’s compressor will work intermittently or not at all, meaning your freezer won’t freeze.

If you believe the start relay on your freezer is at fault, you can test it by using a multimeter. If the multimeter indicates a fault, you’ll need to replace the start relay.

• Frozen Evaporator Coils: If your evaporator coils have frozen over the required air will not be able to pass over them, and this can result in the freezer not freezing correctly. In such a situation, we recommend you manually defrost the freezer for a minimum of 24 hours before switching the appliance back on. This will hopefully rectify the situation.
  • Temperature Control Thermostat: If this isn’t working correctly your freezer will not cool.

Testing the thermostat is as simple as rotating it from its lowest setting to its highest, and listening for a “click”. If the “click” is not audible, before deciding the thermostat is the fault it is recommended to test it with a multimeter for continuity. Only then, if a fault is located should you replace the thermostat.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi,the fridge isn’t working now
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 6 days ago.

did you check the steps above