Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Sennheiser noise cancelling heaset with inbuilt

Customer Question

Hi , I have a Sennheiser noise cancelling heaset with inbuilt microphone HD 4.50
JA: What Sennheiser model do you have?
Customer: it works beautifully, except when I make phone calls or skype calls the microphone seems to take all the sounds in the room, like a cafe and makes it for me and the person I call a noisy experience
JA: What have you tried so far with your Sennheiser system?
Customer: what can I do to have a perfect phone or skype calls without the background noises?
JA: The Audio/Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is the only problem
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I thought you have received my question. Could you please confirm
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

The microphone on the HD 4.50 is very sensitive, and will pick up the slightest background sound.

To use the HD 4.50 for a Skype call, you will ideally need to be in a very quiet room.

If that is not possible, you can click the Microphone tab in Skype, and then the Microphone Boost button (the one on the right of the recording volume slide bar). Make sure it's set at 0 decibels. You can also choose to click the Noise Suppression button, which also helps reduce background noise for your microphone.

Let me know if that works for you.