Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Nuvi 265W sat nav has been stuck at 50% updating for

Customer Question

My Nuvi 265W sat nav has been stuck at 50% updating for about an hour. The model reference is 1C3167075. Can you please offer any advice or solutions?
JA: How old is your Nuvi?
Customer: Purchased 24/11/2009 !!!
JA: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?
Customer: Straightforward update on Garmin Express. Interesting that at top of the window it says "Nuvi not connected" yet it has been showing action on the monitor.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a maximum available memory card and I want western Europe to update - primarily UK and France. Don't know if that helps?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Nuvi. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nuvi and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Nuvi screen loading. re-connected to charger/pc tower. On screen pc still shows loading at 50%. In other words nothing has happened.
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Did it power off and the screen went blank when you did my instructions?