Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Canon MG5650 Printer & when i tried to turn it off

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG5650 Printer & when i tried to turn it off last night it would not turn off so i turned it off at the main socket. When i turned the power back on at the socket the switch on the printer does not work at all.
JA: How are you connecting to your MG5650: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: USB
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I couldnt say
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The printer will still not switch on. As i have said it would not switch off at the printer last night so i think it is a switch fault.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 days ago.

Are any lights showing on it at all?