Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

On about Oct 14 I bought a Brother DCP-1610W

Customer Question

On about Oct 14 I bought a Brother DCP-1610W printer/copier/scanner from IJT Direct
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Until now it has been wonderful. However today I tried to print the labels for my Christmas cards, and I think I must have loaded too many pages of labels. It did not take in a sheet & kept saying it was out of paper. Now even trying to get it to print on ordinary paper does not work and it keeos saying it is out of paper. How can I reset it to accept paper ?
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your DCP-1610W?
Customer: Just this morning
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Never - I have only had it 3 weeks. I am in my eighties and find this very difficult
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just the one problem
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please