Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a code error B200 printer needs repair. Switched off

Customer Question

Hello, I have a code error B200 printer needs repair. Switched off the printer as instructed. What's the next please.
JA: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: It displayed that it needed ink. Changed ink no change support code error sill coming up. Displayed a different ink cartridrige but printer won't work. All off now.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Haven't and don't know how. sorry
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No justwant to fix things. Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no change. however, just had visitor can I get back 2u
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Yes, when you get back

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Problem solved thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome