*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

We have a canon pixma MG5450 that has stopped working.On the

Customer Question

we have a canon pixma MG5450 that has stopped working.On the screen the message was to turn off, unplug then start up again. have done that to no effect.The other comment on the screen is Support code B200.
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Dell Vostro
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: about 3 years but we don't use it very often
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1034
Customer: sorry don't understand the question what is the jo 1034
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 7 days ago.

My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

In most instances, a B200 error will require a repair at a Canon authorized repair centre, however prior to sending your printer for repair please follow the steps below to try and resolve this error-

1. Turn off the printer
  2. Disconnect the power cable
  3. Open the printer cover
  4. Check for any orange protective tape or white polystyrene and remove if necessary
  5. Check that there are no foreign objects in the printer (such as a paper clip) and remove if necessary
  6. Close the cover
  7. Reconnect and turn on

If the error message is still showing, then it is necessary to deliver or send the printer to an authorized repair centre.

If the printer is still under warranty, (generally one year from purchase) and supporting documentation is provided, then a free of charge warranty repair will be carried out.

If the warranty has expired, then any repairs can only be carried out at cost and charges will apply.

You can find the details of your nearest repair centre using the interactive repair centre locator.

Also, please contact directly as you may be eligible for an on-site repair.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Thanks for your reply. I have turned off, removed mains lead and turned on again. No change, still has error message B200. just to clarify, this fault just started today. not 3 years, that is about how old it is.
Eric.

okay, unfortunately those are the only options.