Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Got a new remote cannot get it to work as instructions say

Customer Question

got a new remote cannot get it to work as instructions say tv must first be turned off no turn off on TV
JA: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 13 days ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok I BOUGHT A PANASONIC REMOTE FOR A PANASONIC PLASMA TV, cANNOT GET IT TO WORK AS INSTRUCTIONS SAY TURN OFF TV FIRST, CANNOT DO THIS
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

What is the model number of the Panasonic TV?

What is the model number of the Panasonic remote?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
TV Model TX-32D302B Remote One for All URC 1914
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

Ok, you will need to turn the TV off using the power button on the side of the TV - press and hold it in for 5 seconds.

See attached diagram for location of the button:

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There is no power button on the TV
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

There most definitely is a power button on the TX-32D302B, hidden on the side panel at the rear.

Did you see the diagram I attached previously showing its location?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is that a vertical or horizontal diagram left or right side, I'm sorry I can't locate it.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was told in the TV shop there was no power button so my ignorance isn't totally my own, but shared!!
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

The diagram is looking at the rear of the TV, so if you are looking at the front of the TV, you should find the power button behind the lower left side.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok Thanks I will try this tomorrow.
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

Ok, let me know how it goes :)

You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.

Pete.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Pete let me know when you will be online
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

I am online this morning, do you have any further questions for me on this topic?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes, I can turn the TV off, only stays off for a few seconds, then when I follow remote instructions to hold the red and observe power blink twice, hold down power key til TV turns off. it doesn't.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have a discount telephone service, Maybe I should call you?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

If the TV doesn't turn off when you follow the instructions to program the remote then it is not programmed correctly.

However, the URC1914 should not require any programming to work with your TX-32D302B TV - it should work straight away.

What was the reason for getting a replacement remote - did the original remote not work either, or was it lost?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My dog chewed it up. I got the recommended replacement
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

The URC1914 replacement remote should work ok straight out of the box. If it does not, then it may have a fault.