Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Got a new remote cannot get it to work as instructions say

Customer Question

got a new remote cannot get it to work as instructions say tv must first be turned off no turn off on TV
JA: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok I BOUGHT A PANASONIC REMOTE FOR A PANASONIC PLASMA TV, cANNOT GET IT TO WORK AS INSTRUCTIONS SAY TURN OFF TV FIRST, CANNOT DO THIS
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

What is the model number of the Panasonic TV?

What is the model number of the Panasonic remote?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
TV Model TX-32D302B Remote One for All URC 1914
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Ok, you will need to turn the TV off using the power button on the side of the TV - press and hold it in for 5 seconds.

See attached diagram for location of the button:

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no power button on the TV
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

There most definitely is a power button on the TX-32D302B, hidden on the side panel at the rear.

Did you see the diagram I attached previously showing its location?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is that a vertical or horizontal diagram left or right side, I'm sorry I can't locate it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was told in the TV shop there was no power button so my ignorance isn't totally my own, but shared!!
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

The diagram is looking at the rear of the TV, so if you are looking at the front of the TV, you should find the power button behind the lower left side.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok Thanks I will try this tomorrow.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Ok, let me know how it goes :)

You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.

Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Pete let me know when you will be online
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

I am online this morning, do you have any further questions for me on this topic?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can turn the TV off, only stays off for a few seconds, then when I follow remote instructions to hold the red and observe power blink twice, hold down power key til TV turns off. it doesn't.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a discount telephone service, Maybe I should call you?
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

If the TV doesn't turn off when you follow the instructions to program the remote then it is not programmed correctly.

However, the URC1914 should not require any programming to work with your TX-32D302B TV - it should work straight away.

What was the reason for getting a replacement remote - did the original remote not work either, or was it lost?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My dog chewed it up. I got the recommended replacement
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

The URC1914 replacement remote should work ok straight out of the box. If it does not, then it may have a fault.