Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I recently purchased 3 replacement toner cartridges,

Customer Question

I recently purchased 3 replacement toner cartridges, unfortunately, I ordered the wrong type and supplier will not replace. Is it possible to use the toner ink in the wrong cartridges to refill my original cartiridges? The cost of this recent purchase was 184.00 euro - so it is not easy to 'dismiss' my mistake
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: CLP-680ND
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: The menu shows that the three toners need to be replaced - this would be about right really because the cartridges installed already were the ones supplied with the machine when I bought it and I have done plenty of printing. The new cartridges are about twice the height of the original ones so although they would fit width wise - could not be used at all
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks just need to know if it is possible for me to use the powdered ink in the new cartridges to refill my existing toner cartridges
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

Hi! My name is Pete. I am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Pete
It is a bit of a tricky one - in theory I should be able to send the items back but I signed a disclaimer with the supplier and they will not replace the items
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No it is fine, just advice as to whether it is feasible to use the ink from the new cartridges to refill the old 'correctly sized cartridges' - I suppose the other alternative perhaps is if Samsung have an answer and would be willing for me to send the cartridges to them at my own expense- I don't know
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Are we still online
Expert:  Pete replied 11 days ago.

It isn't possible to use the toner ink in other cartridges, so your best chance of recouping the loss is to re-sell the unwanted cartridges on eBay or a similar site.