*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a samsung smart tv. It no longer turns on, the red

Customer Question

I have a samsung smart tv. It no longer turns on, the red light just keeps flashing. I have unplugged it and restarted but still nothing. Is there anything I can do?
Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: Yes I tried that several times
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do they need to know the model of the TV?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 16 days ago.
Hi ,
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the tv and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your TV will work normally again.
Try these steps please> disconnect the power cord from the tv then Press and hold the power button down on the TV panel for 10 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord after you hold the power button for 10 seconds. Then try powering on normally by pressing the power button on the TV panel.
Let me know if any changes occur.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Randy, okay will try this now. Please hold
Ok
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No changes sadly, red light is just blinking
Okay, unfortunately that sounds like the power supply board has failed. It usually cost around £150.00 to repair.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Same, I assumed it was something badly wrong. Better to buy a new one I think. Thank you
Your welcome.