Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My Samsung washing machine door won't open. I tried to clean

Customer Question

hi my Samsung washing machine door won't open. I tried to clean the filter and water fuse at the bottom right end of machine but still can't release the door. red key flushing on display. Any advice, please?
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: Samsung eco bubble washing machine
JA: What Samsung product do you have?
Customer: Eco bubble washing machine
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: cleaned the filter at the bottom, switched on /off. tried just spin, but at each end of any cycle red key is still flushing and the door remains locked.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 10 days ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

The washer has a water level sensor so if there is water in the tub it is impossible to open the door until the water is drained. This causes the Samsung washer door to not open.
When water is no longer in the washer, reset the washer by pressing the ON/OFF or START/PAUSE button. Then wait for a minute to pass, and you can then unlock the door.
If this does work you will need to MANUALLY DRAIN the water out of the washer to be able to open/unlock the door.
If your washer door does not open and there is water in the washer tub, you will need to drain out the water within the washer by using the small rubber drain hose near the debris drain filter.
When your washer door is locked and water is in the tub, you will need to manually drain out the water by using the steps below.
If there is NO WATER in the wash tub and the door is locked after finishing a cycle, see below for TROUBLESHOOTING as to what may be the problem.
SAFETY: Before proceeding with the manual drain procedure below, be sure that the water in the washer tub is not HOT as burns can occur. It is best to wait from 30 to 60 minutes for the hot water to cool down.

HOW TO DRAIN THE WATER OUT OF A SAMSUNG FRONT LOAD WASHER
Locate the debris filter panel on the front bottom of your washer – Usually located on the bottom right on most Samsung front-load washers.
Pop open the panel on the debris filter – Press down on the small tab on the panel and pull the panel downward. If the panel has no tab to pull down on, carefully use a flat head screwdriver and gently pop the panel open.
Once you have the panel open find the small rubber drain hose. Release the small rubber drain hose if it is in its holder.
To absorb any water that may spill when draining the washer, use a large bowl and some washcloths if any spills do occur.
Once you have items to absorb any spilled water, get your large bowl and place it under the small rubber drain hose and place washcloths around it.
At the end of the small rubber drain hose you will see a white draining plug, take it off and drain all the water out of the washer and into your large bowl to catch the water.
It may be difficult to remove the white draining plug. To remove the white plug on the small rubber drain hose – Simply PULL and TWIST to remove.
Once the water has stopped draining from the small rubber drain hose, put the drain hose cap back on and then snap it into the holder.
Snap the debris filter panel back into the holes below and then lift up and push it back into place until it snaps in.
Power the washer OFF and then back ON to reset it. Once this is done the door should unlock.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have already done all the above, as I have explained in my query...
Okay, this sounds likeyou may have a faulty door lock assembly
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
so what do I do?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
is there anything you can help me with ?
Try disconnecting the power cord for 5 minutes. Then reconnect and press ON/OFF or START/PAUSE button.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i tried that too...i don't see the cord but i do see white switch board for wm in the wall and i switch it off from there
Ok. If those steps have failed it will require service.