*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

We have a new JVC tv, which we wanted to connect to quite an

Customer Question

We have a new JVC tv, which we wanted to connect to quite an old panasonic video player, which has only a scart connection. We use a scart adaptor, but the pictuire quality is very poor, and washed out in appearance. How can we improve it?
JA: What JVC model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: It's a brand new JVC LT-32C690
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, we have a new cd player with an HDMI connection to the TV which works fine.
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 8 days ago.
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
You will need to get an adapter that also converts the signal to HD.
I'll post a link for you.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. However, the HDMI slot on the TV is already connected to the CD player, so is not available for the video/TV connection. Is there any possibility of a scart/VGA or antenna connection being used,as there is an unused antenna connection on the old video player?
Not likely, the picture quality will be poor if not upscaled to HD. The tv resolution isn't compatible with the old player
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks again. I don't suppose there's such a thing as a switchable HDMI connector which would allow us to switch between the cd and the video player using a twin-headed cable going into the HDMI slot on the TV?
Yes, there is a device for that.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-FiveHome-Switcher-Support-Wireless-Black/dp/B076XWNQP9?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3