*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a TP Link extender AC 1750 but because I have a house

Customer Question

I have a TP Link extender AC 1750 but because I have a house with 4 floors, I was planning on buying another extender TP-Link RE 300.
JA: What's the model of your TP-Link router?
Customer: I have a virgin media hub/router and an Apple Time Capsule/Time Machine which deals with wifi I believe
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have put the TP-Link AC 1750 on another floor to the router but the internet signal does not reach the top floor. If I buy a TP-Lihk RE 300 will it boost the sign to the top floor ?
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you tats fine
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 12 days ago.
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Yes, you can use 2 extenders however you can not wirelessly connect one extender to another. Performance for the second extender will usually be unsatisfactory. Therefore, each extender should connect to the main router therefore it will not be helpful in your situation.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok. How then do I increase the capability of the internet through th Wifi ?
The best solution will be to use an ethernet cable to get the signal to the 4th floor.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok, so does that mean I don’t need another extender but take an internet cable from the extender I already have and trail it up to the top floor and plug it into the computer there?
That will work.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Don’t need to talk now so presumably I don’t need to pay £16 ?
Ok