Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have forgotten my password and now can't get into my

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password ***** now can't get into my phone. It is a samsung j4+
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: yesterday morning
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: no is this easy to do
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 12 days ago.

I'm sorry about your phone password issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Please do the following steps on your Samsung phone:

1. If possible, please press and hold the Power key and power off.
    - (If it does not power off, then press and keep holding both the Volume Down key and Power key for about 9 seconds for it to power off / restart the phone, then do the next step right away.)
  2. Press and hold at the same time the Volume Up key and the Power key.
  3. Keep holding these two keys together until the Samsung logo appears or the recovery menu appears.
  4. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight the option wipe data / factory reset.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight option Yes....
  7. Press Power button to select.
  8. Once the reset process is finished, press the Power key to reboot system now.

If needed, please click on the website below for the instruction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f8Yw8SAaiA

- Note: The video is for a similar Samsung model, but the steps are the same for your Samsung phone.

Please let me know if there is still issue. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.