*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I can't switch off my Toshiba satellite laptop. I can't

Customer Question

I can't switch off my Toshiba satellite laptop. I can't access the windows key
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Satellite l50 b 1nx
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I was updating my search settings then it stopped connection with the Wi-Fi and can't switch it off
Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 10 days ago.
Hi ,
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your computer will work normally again.
Try these steps please> disconnect the power cord and any other externally connected devices and usb cables, then Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord after you hold the power button for 60 seconds. Then try powering on normally by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds.
Let me know if any changes occur.