*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Samsung TV is displaying the message mode not supported

Customer Question

Hi my Samsung TV is displaying the message mode not supported and I'm not sure why? I've tried changing the picture mode but nothing seems to be working
Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: Yes there's 2 hdmi cables and a fire stick plugged into it
Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Not as far as a I know I've been out all day and just turned the TV on and got that message
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No and thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 6 days ago.
Hi ,
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the tv and can be resolved by a forced reboot, if it is a glitch then your TV will work normally again.
Try these steps please> disconnect the power cord from the tv then Press and hold the power button down on the TV panel for 10 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord after you hold the power button for 10 seconds. Then try powering on normally by pressing the power button on the TV panel.
Let me know if any changes occur.