*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My sky + box is continually on orange and will not go to so

Customer Question

My sky + box is continually on orange and will not go to green so I can switch it on the TV. There is nothing wrong with the box. The TV I managed to watch sky on by using the TV remote which would turn the light from red to green. Then I would turn the orange light on the sky box to green too & the Sky would come on immediately. Now I cannot turn the light from orange to green so can't switch box on or off
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It is a large Panasonic about three yrs old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No the TV works with the sky and I cannot get anything now except Please waIT ... on the screen . Nothing happens. I have fiddles with something but I can't think what.
JA: What Panasonic product do you have?
Customer: I'll go and get the remote control as I can't get behind the TV having dislocated my shoulder. It is a N20AYB000815 remote.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No , just that the sky box plus must be working as the ***** *****ght still shows'I just need to turn that light to green!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 4 days ago.
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

here are some simple steps you can take to get your box back up and running.

Press the standby button on your box. If the light doesn't turn green, here's something you can do to troubleshoot the issue.

Restart your box: Press the standby button on your remote, then turn your box off at the mains. Wait a few moments, then turn your box back on.
Wait four minutes, then press the sky button on your remote.
Update the software on your box
If resetting your box didn't work, try updating the software on your box:

Press the standby button on your remote, then turn your box off at the mains.
Press and hold the backup button on your box.
While still holding the backup button, switch your box back on at the mains.
Keep pressing and holding the backup button for up to 30 seconds, until you see all four lights on the front panel turn on, then release.
If the lights don't appear, you may need to schedule an engineer visit to have your box repaired.

If the lights do appear, go to the next steps.

Your box should now be in download mode, which can take between 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Don't turn off your box or try to watch TV while the box is in download mode. You may see an on-screen message saying "Updating System Software" when you switch on your TV.

Once the download is done, the box will switch to standby. Wait 3 minutes. then press sky on your remote to turn your box back on.

Sky box not working after the download? As a last resort, try a System Reset.

Carry out a System Reset
A System Reset is a last resort; it permanently deletes all recordings, downloads, reminders and series links.

Turn your box off at the mains, then press and hold the left and right arrow buttons on your box.
While still holding the buttons, switch your box on at the mains. Continue to press and hold for up to 60 seconds until the recording and playback circle on the front panel of your box lights up.
The box will take a few minutes to complete the System Reset and will then switch to standby.
Wait four minutes, then reconnect your TV and any other devices and switch them back on. Press the sky button on your remote to switch your box back on.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I can't find the standby button on my box
Is your box white or black?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Black
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It is a black Sky plus box
Okay, Press the standby button on your Sky remote, then turn your Sky box off at the mains.
After a few moments, turn your box back on at the mains.
Wait four minutes, then press sky on your Sky remote.
If your box remains stuck on a red light, go to the next step.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
sorry but i cant find anything that says stand by button on my remote
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
can you not tell me where the sndby button is or what it is called on the remote
Okay, you can go ahead and disconnect the power cord.
Wait a few moments, then turn your box back on.
Update the software on your box
Here are images for the standby button.
.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have done all you advised but nothing will turn that orange button green for on !
Carry out a System Reset