*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Samsung a3, i dont know, this morning it wouldnt not launch

Customer Question

Samsung a3
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?
Customer: i dont know
JA: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this morning it wouldnt not launch it is stuck on the samsung screen i have tried holding low volume button and on/off button for 10 secs but it will reset but only get as far as the SAMSUNG logo screen
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i havent had this problem before i havent downloaded any new apps
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 5 days ago.
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Try this please.
At the very beginning hold down the Power key to switch off your phone.
Now press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power button, until you see Samsung logo.
Release held keys when the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
it wont turn off now with just the power button on the right hand side of the phone
Try holding the power button down for 60 seconds.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
here are two phones of my phone
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
still not shutting down
Okay, connect the charge cable to the phone and a wall outlet power adapter.
Then hold the power button down for 60 seconds. If that fails leave connected to the charger for 15 minutes. Then try the reset again. press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds and the phone will turn off.

2- Keep holding on volume down and power keys together for a few seconds. In some devices according to the Android version the combination can be the power key and the volume key up.

3- When the Samsung logo is displayed, release the buttons.

4- Move through the menu with the volume up and volume down keys until you reach the "Recovery Mode" option and press the power button to access.

5- Use the volume up and volume down keys to select the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power button to activate the option and clear the mobile cache.

6- After a few seconds you will return to the previous screen, with the volume buttons go to the option "wipe data / factory reset" and press the power button to enter. A screen with many NOs and a YES will appear, with the volume keys again go to the YES and press with the power key.

7- After finishing again with the volume keys, click on "reboot system now"
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
i plugged it in to charge and it still wouldnt not shut down until I also held the low volume
button as well as the power button. It is now showing it is charging at 32%
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
just powering up again and om SAMSUNG logo screen which pulses bright and darker
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I cant get further than this screen which I sent you a photo of
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
any ideas?
That sounds like the firmware has failed.