*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a kindle fire hd 8 which doesn't start up on pressing

I have a kindle fire hd 8 which doesn't start up on pressing the start button
JA: Have you done a hard reset on your Kindle Fire by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?
Customer: yes until it beeps but then bothing happens
JA: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i know off
Hi ,
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This could be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Try pressing and hold the power switch for a full 60 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cable connected to a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 15 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
the device has been charged and i have tried a restart with no effect
Okay, how old is your Kindle?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
6 months

Unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue, if you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.

The good news is that the Kindle had a 12 month warranty and will be replaced free of charge.

You can read your books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

When you get your new Kindle, simply sign in(register) the new Kindle with your Amazon account email and password then it will have access to your account and all of your previous purchases.

Do you need help with processing the warranty?