*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a samsung tv. We can not get the voice subtitles off.

Hello. I have a samsung tv. We can not get the voice subtitles off. It describes and tell us what’s going on on the TV?
Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: how can I find out? I don’t know
Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv menu works. I don’t know what sources/inputs is sorry
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: it’s been like it for a few weeks. My 12 month old son had the tv remote
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: erm I wonder if he could have my sky remote volume connect to the tv as I have to use separate remote controls for volume
My name is Randy, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
To turn off AD on your Sky+HD or Sky Q box, using your remote:

Press ? (question mark) on your Sky Q remote (located to the right of the number zero) and press select to toggle audio description Off
Press help on your Sky+ remote (located to the right of the back up button, which is directly below the down arrow) and press the left or right arrow to toggle audio description On or Off, then press select to save the setting
Press the AD button on a Sky Q accessibility or Sky Easy Grip remote and turn audio description on or off by pressing select
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Lovely thank you!! It’s worked :)
Do you know how I can use the volume on the sky q box as I can only use my tv control for volume?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’d love to talk as it’s easier for me but I don’t want to pay the £16. Is it possible to type?

yes, we can chat here.

1. Press tv on your Sky remote.
  2. Hold down select and the red button at the same time until the red light at the top of your Sky remote flashes twice.
  3. Enter the four-digit code 0060
  4. Press select.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t have tv on the sky remote?

which version is your remote?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is it.

okay, follow these steps please>

1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote
  2. Select Settings, then Setup followed by Remote Control
  3. Select the remote you're using
  4. Select Control your TV then Find it for me
  5. Select the brand of your TV
  6. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for 2 seconds, and enter the code that appears on your screen

Press the volume buttons on your Sky Q remote and see if this changes the volume on your TV. No luck? Select No, try another until you find the right setting.

Still not working? Hold down 7 and 9 until the remote's light flashes 4 times to factory reset your remote and try the steps again.

Once you can change the volume using your Sky Q remote, finish the pairing process:

1. If you have a Sky Soundbox or speaker system, select Yes and follow the instructions.
  2. Don't have a Soundbox or speaker? Select No then select Finish.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Nothing happens after pressing 1and 3 so I did the 7+9 together and tried again but nothing happens. I will look online to see if I can find the model of the tv
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes it’s worked!!! :)
Thank you so much for your help. I have tried for ages

That's great! Your welcome!

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!