Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

I have stupidly put one of my hand sets through the washing

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have stupidly put one of my hand sets through the washing machine . It’s now very clean but doesn’t work ,! I took the batteries out and left it in the airing cupboard overnight but no luck . Can I buy another single phone to replace it
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: Panasonic
JA: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When Itook it out of the washing machine yesterday it stopped working
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is a Panasonic KX-TG6822EBTwin DECT Cordless Telephone Set. One handset has been put through washing machine by mistake. It is no longer working despite being thoroughly dried out. Can it be repaired or does it need to be replaced? If the latter. Can I simply replace the one handset.

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan and I'd be happy to help. Additional handsets are available to purchase directly from Panasonic. If they do not have the handset available for your exact model, you should ask for any replacement handset that is "GAP COMPATIBLE." This means the replacement handset can be registered to any of their base systems and will allow you to receive incoming calls and to make outgoing calls. The number to call is 0344(###) ###-####

I hope that answers your question! If I can do anything else, just ask!