Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a MX 475 printer which has been wirelessly connected

Customer Question

I have a MX 475 printer which has been wirelessly connected to my computer for about a year but recently the connection disappeared, and although I have uninstalled the printer I cannot now re-connect it. I have tried using the WPS button and although the printer states that the connection has been made, the computer does not acknowledge it. I have tried the "Add a Device" method but it is asking for the WPS pin which I do not have. I should be grateful for tour assistance
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I have never done that
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have carried out your instructions and have tried to connect to the computer with the WPS button but there is still nop connection
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

When you try to connect, what is the error you get?