Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I Have an error code B203 on my printer Canon MG7550, yes,

Customer Question

I Have an error code B203 on my printer Canon MG7550
JA: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: yes
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: 2010
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Richard I have plugged in the printer after 10 minutes the printer starts on the home screen then the error code B203 is displayed and the red triangle flashes
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think that it is best to buy a new printer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have cleaned the pads were the ink tanks fit and have fitted new set of ink cartridges the printer set up ok but the garage is sent over to the left hand side of the printer and the error code B203 is put up on the printer screen
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks for the info the printer is to old i will have to get another
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

You are most welcome.